maanantai 15. lokakuuta 2018

Penny Black & The Flower Challenge -muistutus/reminder




(Please scroll down for English)

Tällä kertaa minulla on tuplapostaus, sillä yhdistän The Flower Challengen muistutuskortin ja Penny Blackin Simplicity Sister -kortin yhteen ja samaan korttiin. The Flower Challengellä on 2-vuotisjuhlat tämän haasteen myötä, joten palkintojakin on tarjolla. Aiheenahan oli 'Add Sparkle' eli säihkettä ja kimallusta kukkakorttiin tarvittaisiin.

Tähän korttiin leimasin kukan Penny Blackin Happy Together -setistä ruskealla musteella ja jätin leiman Mistiin kiinni. Samoin tein tekstileiman (Penny Blackin Just Believe -setistä) kanssa. Tämän jälkeen väritin leimakuvan Gansai Tambi -vesiväreillä ja annoin kuivua, minkä jälkeen laitoin leimakuvan takaisin Mistiin ja leimasin sekä kukan että tekstin päälle Delicata Golden Glitz -musteella moneen kertaan. Tästä tuli leimakuvaan aivan ihana kimallus, joka luonnossa näyttää todella nätiltä - toivottavasti sen kuvistakin näkee. Lisäksi roiskin vielä hieman Distress Stainia (Tarnished Brass) leimakuvaan. Sitten stanssasin paneelin Penny Blackin Snowflake Stitch Frames -setin stansseilla ja kiinnitin sen pinkille kartongille, jonka leikkasin tasan paneelin kokoiseksi. Näin pinkkiä kartonkia ei näy reunoilta yhtään, mutta noista pienistä rei'istä kyllä. Sitten kerrostin paneelin kuviopaperille (Penny Blackin Beau Jardin -paperikosta) ja korttipohjaan kiinni.

It's a double post from me today as I'm combining my reminder card for The Flower Challenge and my Simplicity Sister card for Penny Black into one card. The Flower Challenge is in full swing, it's our 2nd birthday so do come and celebrate with us - there are even prizes to be won ;) The theme is 'Add Sparkle'.

To make this card, I stamped the flower image from the Penny Black set 'Happy Together' in brown ink onto watercolour cardstock and I left the stamp in my Misti. I did the same with the sentiment stamp which is from the Penny Black set 'Just Believe'. Then I watercoloured my image with my Gansai Tambi watercolours and let it dry. Then I placed the cardstock back in my Misti and stamped the image and the sentiment several times using Delicata Golden Glitz ink. This gives beautiful shimmer to the stamped image, it's really pretty in real life and I hope it shows in the photos too. I also splattered some Distress Stain in Tarnished Brass onto the image after which I die cut the panel with a die from the 'Snowflake Stitch Frames' set by Penny Black. Then I layered the panel onto some pink cardstock and cut it to make it the same size as my die cut panel. This way you don't have any pink cardstock showing from underneath the image, only from the little die cut holes. To finish the card, I layered the panel onto patterned paper from the 'Beau Jardin' paper pad by Penny Black before adhering it onto my card base.





Käytetyt Penny Black -tuotteet/Penny Black products used:
* 30-465 Happy Together
* 30-470 Just Believe
* 51-375 Snowflake Stitch Frames
* 80-011 Beau Jardin

Haaste päättyy 25.10., joten aikaa osallistua on vielä runsaasti. Kurkkaapa inspiraatiota The Flower Challenge -blogista ja osallistu haasteeseen!

The challenge closes on 25th of October so you still have plenty of time to take part. Please pop by The Flower Challenge blog for some inspiration and then please join us with your floral creation!

5 kommenttia:

TaeEun kirjoitti...

You've colored the delicate orchid image so beautifully, Milla! Lovely design with the perfect sentiment for "Add Sparkle" challenge!!!

Maria Rodriguez. kirjoitti...

Milla, I love the lovely die cut frame you used to showcase your gorgeous Orchids, your coloring of these delicate flowers is amazing.
The sentiment is so beautiful and inspiring, looks fabulous embossed in gold.
Hugs.

Karen Dunbrook kirjoitti...

pretty card Milla...has sort of a vintage look to it which I really like.
xx Karen

Ericka Strange kirjoitti...

Beautiful card Milla and I love this gorgeous flower. So pretty and the shine is beautiful.

Viv kirjoitti...

So very beautiful Milla! just love your pretty orchids and the soft colours you used ;) hugs Viv xx