sunnuntai 7. huhtikuuta 2024

Butterflies

I tried something new today, namely layering stencils! These were so much fun to use, easy too I might add. These stencils are by Penny Black and called Aerial, they have a matching die as well called Aerial Cut Out.


The first card is a shaker card. I did a bit of ink blending with Distress Oxide inks and the stencils on a piece of cardstock before using the matching die to die cut the card panel and a piece of craft foam. I then adhered the card panel, some acetate and the die cut piece of craft foam, added some sequins and adhered the butterfly part. The sentiment comes from the sentiment set Snippets, I heat embossed it in white on a strip of dark green cardstock and adhered it in place.


I'm entering this to:

* AAA Birthday - Shaker

* Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: Happy Birthday!






For the second card, I used Distress Oxide inks again with the stencils before die cutting the butterfly. I also die cut the butterfly from pink cardstock and adhered it to my butterfly. For the background, I used the new Penny Black die All-in-One Oval, added a piece of vellum behind the oval opening and adhered the panel onto a piece of dark blue cardstock. The sentiment comes from the sentiment set Love & Light. I embellished the card with some white half pearls.




Here's a look at the butterfly with the pink wings showing from underneath the butterfly.




Products by Penny Black, available in their online shop:

* Aerial (25-024)

* Aerial Cut Out (51-811)

* Snippets (30-283)

* Love & Light (31-037)

* All-in-One Oval (51-815)


Ei kommentteja: