sunnuntai 8. syyskuuta 2024

Take Wing

The latest release by Penny Black called Christmas 2024 - Round One includes a stamp set that has the most elegant tree stamps. I think these birch trees in this set called Take Wing are so beautiful and the little birds just add to the charm.


The first card is super CAS. I stamped the birches on my panel and masked them with masking paper. I then used a stencil from the stencil set Background Basics and ink blended Distress Oxide inks to the panel.  Before removing the stencil and the masking paper, I splattered the panel with some water and then with some white gouache paint to create the snowfall. I then removed the stencil and the masking paper, coloured the little bird with my Karin markers and stamped the sentiment from the sentiment set Snowflake Season. Lastly, I embellished the card with a single snowflake that I made using the new Stick & Shine sheet Snowflakes, some foil and the matching die, Snowflakes Cut Out. I finished the snowflake by adding a bling to its centre.


I'm entering this to:

* CAS on Friday: Challenge #291 - Feathered Friends

* The Paper Funday Challenges: September, Challenge #69 - Anything Goes with the optional twist of Create Your Own Background





For the second card, I used the other birch stamp from the same stamp set, Take Wing. I stamped it onto a panel die cut with the new frame die called Classy Frames, masked it with masking paper and ink blended the background with some Distress Oxide inks. I created the snow the same way as in the first card, by splattering the panel with some water and then with some white gouache paint. I also coloured the birds with my Karin markers. The sentiment I used is from the sentiment set Touched by Peace. I added the white frame on the panel, it's die cut with the same Classy Frames die. For the background, I used a panel of light blue cardstock that I first embossed with the new embossing folder, Melody, and then inked with some Distress Oxide inks. I adhered the panel onto a slightly larger panel of white cardstock and adhered the die cut panel on top of it with some foam adhesives. I decided to embellish the card with some die cut snowflakes, the big one is die cut with Polar Pair die and the smaller ones are die cut with Dancing Snowflakes die. I embellished the snowflakes with sequins and half pearls. 


I'm entering this to:

* Creative Inspirations: September - Anything Goes

* Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: Stamp It




All products by Penny Black, available in their online shop:

* Take Wing (31-088)

* Background Basics stencil set (25-021)

* Snowflake Season (30-779)

* Stick & Shine sheet Snowflakes (15-020)

* Snowflakes Cut Out (51-834)

* Classic Colors Multipack foil (21-002)

* Classy Frames (51-826)

* Touched by Peace (30-851)

* Melody embossing folder (65-006)

* Polar Pair (51-568)

* Dancing Snowflakes (51-708)


2 kommenttia:

Donna Walls kirjoitti...

I've been looking at the new PB release and have some items in my cart, just trying to get the nerve to purchase. The tree set is so pretty and so are your cards. Thanks for joining us at The Paper Funday Challenge, we hope you'll share more soon!
Donna xx
Paper Funday Challenge
Inspiration Station Challenge
Beautiful Blossoms Challenge

dj kirjoitti...

Fantastic!! A perfect wintery scene for that bright feathered friend!! Thanks for playing along with the CAS on Friday challenge to make a clean and simple “feathered friends” card.
–Deb Horst, Guest Designer #291