keskiviikko 4. lokakuuta 2023

The Flower Challenge #85





I am one of the Guest Designers in The Flower Challenge this month and what a special month it is! The Flower Challenge turns seven! Congratulations! There are also some changes coming as both Viv and Aileen are stepping down from the challenge and therefore some of the previous DT members, like myself, are now giving them a big beautiful send off by being Guest Designers. Before I go on to my card, I just want to say a big thank you to both Viv and Aileen who are such amazing and kind people. They are also the first ones to ever invite me to be a DT member of a challenge - thank you for being so kind and for giving me a chance!


The theme for October is Anything Goes and I decided to make a friendship card. I think this stamp by Penny Black called Prized is one of the most beautiful rose stamps there is, therefore I wanted to use it. I coloured the image with my Copics before using one of the new stencils in Penny Black's Background Basics stencil set and sponging some Distress Oxide ink in Antique Linen onto the panel. The sentiment I used is from Penny Black's Magical Friendship sentiment set. After stamping the sentiment onto my panel, I adhered the panel onto a piece of dark green cardstock (it looks black in the photo, but it is dark green) before adhering it all to my card base. Lastly, I embellished my card with some glittery gold enamel dots.




Happy 7th birthday, The Flower Challenge!




5 kommenttia:

Viv kirjoitti...

Aww thank you so much for your lovely comments Milla! I love your gorgeous card too wow what a stunner of a rose and sentiment also! Thanks so much for being our special Guest Designer this month over at 'The Flower Challenge' ;) hugs Viv xx

Loll kirjoitti...

WOW! Gorgeous card Milla!! Your colouring of the rose and leaves is amazing. So wonderful to see you joining The Flower Challenge to help celebrate their 7th birthday. xx

Cindy Beach kirjoitti...

This card is so beautiful, Milla. I so admire your gorgeous coloring and love your use of Penny Black products. It's wonderful to have you celebrate at The Flower Challenge.

Stef Perry kirjoitti...

Milla, what a pleasure to have you back as guest designer this month for the challenge's 7th birthday and send off for Aileen and Viv! Your friendship card couldn't be more perfect nor your exquisitely colored rose. So lovely and we appreciate you being here!

Bobby kirjoitti...

Thanks for joining us for our dual celebration, Milla. So much going on with Aileen and Viv retiring and Karren taking over. Plus it's our birthday. Your rose is absolutely gorgeous and what a perfect sentiment!