torstai 25. huhtikuuta 2024

Guest Designing at Seize the Birthday



I have the pleasure of being Surprise Party Guest at the current Seize the Birthday challenge. Thank you so much for having me, ladies! The theme is Anything Goes (as long as it is a birthday card) but if you really want to get your creative juices flowing, you can follow the optional theme - or Topping - which is Off the Edge.





I thought it would be nice to have a larger word die to go 'off the edge' of the card so I used the Love Letters die by Penny Black and cut it out of glittery teal coloured cardstock. I then coloured the cute little kitten from the stamp set Cuteness with my Copics and placed it 'off the edge' of the letter V. For the background I used a stencil from the stencil set Background Basics and ink blended some yellow Distress Oxide inks on my panel which I then adhered on my card base. I also used a sentiment from the mini stamp set Pawsome Present as secondary sentiment. Lastly, I embellished the card with some gems.





Please do visit the Seize the Birthday challenge blog to see all the wonderful inspiration provided by the DT and don't forget to join in on the fun!


Penny Black products used:

* Love Letters (51-803)

* Cuteness (31-035)

* Background Basics stencil set (25-021)

* Pawsome Present (30-569)


9 kommenttia:

Colleen kirjoitti...

Milla, thank you for being our guest at Seize the Birthday! Your card is inspirational! I love that you used a word die for off the edge, so clever and unique!

Barbara kirjoitti...

Congrats on your guest design post! Your inking is fabulous and I love the off the edge of the large sentiment. That cute kitten peeking around the letter is adorable.

Linda kirjoitti...

Milla, your card is adorable using your sentiment to go off the edge and the sweet little kitty is purr-fect.

Nancy kirjoitti...

I wanted to come by and leave you a proper comment, Your interpretation of the topping and card is just fabulous. So happy to have you guesting with us. Have a great week ahead!

Cathy kirjoitti...

Such a clever design for our off the edge challenge and the kitty is adorable! Thankyou for being our guest at Seize the Birthday, Cathy x

Vicki Dutcher kirjoitti...

Adorable critter peeking around the letter - great off the edge card

JoAnn kirjoitti...

What a fun card with that large sentiment. Love your design. Glad to have you as a "Party Guest" at Seize the Birthday.

shirley-bee kirjoitti...

Fabulous Off The Edge interpretation, Milla! I love that the word was off the edge, but also the cute kitty off the edge of the V. Thanks for being our surprise party guest at Seize The Birthday 🥳

JulieP kirjoitti...

We're so happy to have you Milla!!!! This is so fun. I love your idea for creating an off the edge design and that kitty is precious.