lauantai 6. tammikuuta 2024

PBSC January




It's the first month of a brand new year and time for a new challenge at Penny Black Saturday Challenge. The theme is, as always, Anything Goes with the optional theme this time being Something New.


I decided to go with the optional theme and my 'something new' is a new stamp. This gorgeous birch stamp is from the new stamp set by Penny Black called Scenic Layers. Before stamping the trees, I took some masking paper, tore it to create a snow bank and placed it on the bottom edge of my panel. I then stamped the trees in black ink and heat embossed them with clear embossing powder. I stamped the trees again on a piece of masking paper, fussy cut the tree trunks and placed them in place. I then used a stencil from the Background Basics stencil set and sponged some Distress Oxide inks in Victorian Velvet, Antique Linen and Mermaid Lagoon on the panel. After removing the masking paper from the trees and the snow bank, I stamped a sentiment from the sentiment set When Snow Falls in its place. I then splattered the panel first with some water and then with white acrylic paint to create the snow. Lastly, I matted the panel onto some light blue cardstock.




Products by Penny Black, available in their online shop:

* Scenic Layers (31-018)

* When Snow Falls (30-881)

* Background Basics stencil set (25-021)


3 kommenttia:

Helen kirjoitti...

Beautiful card Milla - love the colours in the background!
Helen x

Cindy Beach kirjoitti...

SO gorgeous, Milla! I love the colors of the background too. How majestic the birch looks!

Anke kirjoitti...

WOW so beautiful your the magic of winter Milla, I love your card.

Hugs
Anke