lauantai 7. syyskuuta 2019

Bookmarks - Kirjanmerkkejä

My 9-year-old son needed some bookmarks so I made him two. These are about 15 x 6 cm in size. For the first one, I sponged some Distress Oxide inks in Peacock Feathers and Frayed Burlap onto watercolour paper and splattered it with some water.  I coloured the bunny from Penny Black set Special Friends with my Copics and die cut him out. The banner is from the same set and coloured with Copics as well. I stamped my son's name on the banner with letters from the Penny Black set Kate's Alphabet. The grass is die cut with Penny Black's Garden Edgers die and the star garland with String of Stars die (I used glitter cardstock in gold for the stars, they're more bright and glittery in real life than in the photo). Lastly, I mounted the watercolour panel onto some kraft cardstock, attached everything in place and rounded the corners of the bookmark with a Corner Chomper.

I'd like to enter this bookmark to the following challenges:
* Penny Black and More: September - Animals
* Penny Black Saturday Challenge: September - Anything Goes
* Addicted to Stamps and More: Challenge #357 - Make Your Mark
* Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: Stamp It
* Crafting by Designs: September - Anything Goes




For the second bookmark, I made the background using an old cloud shaped price tag as a mask and sponged some Distress Oxide ink in Peacock Feathers to create the clouds. The hot air balloon is from the Lawn Fawn set Blue Skies and I coloured it with my Polychromos pencils. I used Paper Smooches letter stamps from the set Alphadot to stamp my son's name. I mounted this bookmark also on some kraft cardstock and rounded the corners with a Corner Chomper.

I'd like to enter this bookmark to the following challenge:
* Lawn Fawnatics: Challenge 60 - Create a Scene





Tein pari kirjanmerkkiä pojalleni, nämä ovat n. 15 x 6 cm. Ensimmäisessä käytin Penny Blackin tuotteita. Pupu ja banneri on Special Friends -setistä ja Copiceilla väritettyjä. Taustan tein Distress Oxide -musteilla ja vettä roiskimalla. Ruoho on Garden Edgers -stanssilla stanssattu ja tähtinauha String of Stars -stanssilla. Pojan nimen leimasin Kate's Alphabet -setin aakkosilla. Toisen kirjanmerkin taustan tein vanhalla pilvenmuotoisella hintalapulla ja Distress Oxide -musteella. Kuumailmapallo on Lawn Fawnin Blue Skies -setistä ja Polychromoksilla väritetty. Nimen tähän leimasin Paper Smoochesin Alphadot -aakkosilla.

6 kommenttia:

Pöydän kulmalla näpertelijä kirjoitti...

Upeita molemmat, mutta tuo pupu one kyllä suosikkini. Kerrassaan mainio!

Leanne Harris kirjoitti...

Two lovely bookmarks, I love the gentleness of the balloon one and your Penny Black entry is very cute with the rabbit design. I'm sure your son was thrilled with these. Many thanks for joining us at Penny Black and More Challenges this month xxx

brenda kirjoitti...

Two really sweet bookmarks, it's lovely to see you at Penny Black and More's 'Animal' theme, thanks so much for joining in.

B x

Gab kirjoitti...

These are so pretty

foleysfriend kirjoitti...

What great bookmarks! Love the creativity that went into making them. I hope your son reads lots of books with his new bookmarks. Thanks for joining us at Addicted to Stamps and More!

sue n.

francesca kirjoitti...

these little bookmarks are so cute! Love the cloudy sky behind the air balloon! Thanks a lot for playing with us at Lawn Fawnatics!!