perjantai 4. joulukuuta 2020

The Flower Challenge: December - Joulukuu


It's time for the last challenge of the year at The Flower Challenge and during December, we'd like you to 'Add Embellishments' to your floral cards. As our Guest Designer, we have the talented Helen joining us.


I decided to make a Christmas card with Penny Black stamps. I die cut a panel using Antique Frame die and stamped on it with Vintage Postcard stamp. For my floral image, I used a stamp called Sparkler and coloured the image with my watercolours. I also added a bit of gold Stickles to the points of the petals. After having coloured the image, I put the die back in place and sponged some Distress Oxide ink in Antique Linen on the edges of the panel. The sentiment I used wishes 'peaceful Christmas time'. I adhered the panel onto some kraft cardstock before adhering it all to my card base. As my embellishments, I used gold sequins.




Here's a close up that may show the gold Stickles a bit better.




Please pop over to The Flower Challenge blog to see the wonderful cards created by my team mates and our Guest Designer, and please do join in the fun!



Vuoden viimeinen haaste alkaa The Flower Challengessä ja teemana on tällä kertaa 'Add Embellishments' eli koristeita pitäisi kukkakorttiin laittaa. Guest Designerina meillä on tällä kertaa Helen.


Omaan korttiini käytin Penny Blackin leimoja ja stansseja. Stanssasin ensin paneelin Antique Frame -stanssilla ja sitten leimasin siihen Vintage Postcard -leimalla ja kukan Sparkler-leimalla. Kukan väritin vesiväreillä ja lisäsin terälehtiin kultaista Sticklesiä. Värityksen jälkeen laitoin stanssin takaisin paikoilleen ja mustetin paneelia Distress Oxide -musteen Antique Linen -sävyllä. Tekstileiman leimasin paikoilleen ja kiinnitin paneelin kraftin väriseen kartonkiin ja sitten korttipohjaan. Koristeina käytin kultaisia paljetteja.


The Flower Challenge -blogissa näkyy tiimiläisten ja Guest Designerin kortit, kannattaa käydä kurkkaamassa ja tietysti myös osallistua haasteeseen!

6 kommenttia:

Conniecrafter kirjoitti...

This is gorgeous!

Viv kirjoitti...

Such a beautiful card again Milla ! I love the postcard effect and that gorgeous flower of course too ;) hugs Viv xx

Bobby kirjoitti...

This is so soft and pretty, Milla. I saw that technique of leaving the die in while inking and then totally forgot about it. I love it on your card and am writing it down to remember it for one of mine.

Loll kirjoitti...

LOVE your post card design Milla! The soft colours are so lovely! xx

TaeEun kirjoitti...

I love the postcard stamp! It gives a very special look to the card! The simple large poinsettia pops off the vintage look of the postcard! Beautiful!!!

Maria Rodriguez. kirjoitti...

Milla, I've not seen a stamp in the form of a postcard, how fun is this!!
Love the image and the soft sponging on the edges, this is a very clever way to add color and shading just on the edge using the die.
Stay healthy and safe.
XO
Maria.